This planet belongs to all of us.
Let’s take care of it, together.
Idyllic. Rugged. Enchanting.
That’s Devon countryside.
We’re lucky enough to live and work in a place that looks like that all the time.
But it’s more than just beauty. The towering, age-old trees just outside our window protect us and nurture us.
- capture carbon dioxide and pump out vital oxygen for us to breathe
- bear the brunt of storms, sheltering our landscape… and our homes
- ground the soil with their tangles of roots, enabling modern agriculture to thrive
- nurture hugely complex and systemically important insects & keystone species.
They are what make the Earth our home.
Can we preserve our children’s future?
Our forests sustain our very existence.
So we felt we could give a little back too.
10% of revenue from every Exige search fee is donated to protect our forests.
Because we need our forests — and our children need them even more.
Go back in time hundreds of years, and you’d see acres and acres of lush green forests — about 6 billion hectares worth.
Today that number is just 4 billion hectares. And we’re losing 5 million hectares more each year. Trees all over the world have been cut down to make way for people, for housing and farmland, for industry.
Cleaning the Air
Along with oceans, plants, and soil, forests are carbon sinks.
They absorb harmful carbon dioxide from the air and remove it from the environment.
But with fewer trees and increasingly smaller forest cover, there’s more:
- circulating carbon dioxide
- noxious greenhouse gases
- heat trapped in our atmosphere.
Search with Purpose — and save 40 acres of forest
- Life-supporting trees.
Bring back the trees
Organizations across the world are doing critical work for the planet, reforesting regions like the:
- temperate rainforests in North America
- old growth rainforests in Southeast Asia.
And we’re donating to these worthy causes.
We do our research to make sure they’re well-managed, high quality charities: organizations like the Rainforest Trust, Great Bear Rainforest or Ancient Forest Alliance, that fight to protect and preserve these ever-important areas.
Saving the planet begins at home.
And every little bit counts.
At Exige, we’re working hard to do our part. In addition to our contributions to reforestation, we’ve made strides in cutting our personal carbon footprint. Some of the steps we’ve taken:
- Shifting our electricity to renewable sources
- Minimizing use of plastics and disposables
- Purchasing carbon offsets whenever we travel by plane… and only flying when it’s absolutely necessary.
We invite our partner corporations to each take small steps to better our world.